White chocolate berry cheesecake
A baked cheesecake that combines the amazing flavours of white chocolate and fresh berries. Add in a gluten-free crust and you have deliciousness!
While thinking of ingredients for our rocky road slice, I mistakenly thought we needed fresh raspberries. When I walked through a local market, I saw some and immediately bought them. When I got home, I was informed we needed the jelly variety instead, but then my husband had the idea to make a baked cheesecake with the raspberries and white chocolate. It turned out amazingly brilliant!
For the crust I used the gluten-free graham cracker crust, but two portions of it. We really love this crust and it seems to work with most pies that would normally have a biscuit base.
- 200g white chocolate
- 1/4 cup cream
- 500g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 150g berries
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Melt chocolate and cream over a gentle heat. Once melted together, cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in 1 egg at a time, then add cornflour.
- Add in melted chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour over prepared biscuit base then drop the berries into the mixture.
- Cook for 55 minutes.
- Cool in oven with the door ajar.
- Substitute dairy-free white chocolate (available through Amazon), dairy-free cream cheese (often a soy-based substitute available in grocery stores in the US), and coconut cream