Peanut butter s’more cookies
A gluten-free recipe for the awesome combination of peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallows to make s’mores … in a cookie!
Anything with peanut butter in the title always gets my attention. This one, with marshmallows in it as well, was just calling my name to make it since we had a pack of marshmallows in the cupboard left over from ‘Fluffernutter Day’ (peanut butter and marshmallows). And since I loved that combination so much, I decided on the spur of the moment one day to make them. Unfortunately, the dough tasted so good, I ate way too much of that, and the finished product. I am now trying to eat a little more healthy and a few less cookies!
The almond meal is my gluten-free substitute for crushed graham crackers so these are not ‘genuine’ s’mores, but still very yummy!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dairy-free margarine or coconut oil, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbs almond milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (gluten free if necessary)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup almond meal
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Combine peanut butter, margarine/coconut oil, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg and beat until just combined.
- Combine flour and baking soda into the mixture at low speed.
- Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows and almond flour, also at low speed and mix until just blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto greased baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.