Another in the series of the Fruits of the Spirit cupcakes. This week’s installment – Love. Well, it originally came from a red velvet cupcake winning entry on Cupcake Wars (obviously), but what else could this be, but love? I found a recipe for gluten-free red velvet cupcakes (which was basically a normal recipe but using ‘gluten free’ all purpose flour), and Abby made some cream cheese frosting (non-dairy of course).
We had lots of fun making them – this was an additional dessert for our regular FISH (Fellowship in Someone’s Home) lunch. This time around we had a total of 16 people at our place for lunch. And on the menu:
- Beef casserole (adapted from the shepherd’s pie recipe here)
- Lentil stew (adapted from the recipe on the back of the packet of lentils)
- Pizza on gluten-free pizza crust – including homemade pizza sauce, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and cream cheese
- Red velvet cupcakes (this post)
- Chocolate mint brownies (recipe here)
- Date and lemon scones (still trying to perfect this recipe)
And funnily enough, there weren’t that many leftovers! Everyone left feeling full and satisfied and we had a great time of chatting about life, death and everything in between.
Thanks for reading this week’s adventures cooking with Abby – stay tuned for the next exciting episode of our own Cupcake Wars coming up!
Until next time, enjoy cooking at home … with kids!