Chocolate mint brownie
A healthy brownie with a minty-flavor – grain-free, gluten-free and refined-sugar-free.
This was a recipe originally labeled as ‘paleo brownies’ that I found from somewhere, but I adapted it along the way and came up with a chocolate mint version. I think it’s actually better than the original, and so do the kids. I love the combination of almond butter and the rest of the ingredients. So simple, yet so yummy. I remember making this with Abby one time and she just loved it. I’m not sure whether it was the battter, the finished product or just spending time with her Mum (Mom?) that she enjoyed the most, but that’s one memory that will stay with me for a long time.
Every time I’ve made it so far, my kids both keep asking for more pieces … and more … and more. And so will you. I guarantee it!
I usually top it with my healthy chocolate frosting and it really lifts the brownie to another taste level.
- 1 cup almond butter (250g)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (120g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs melted butter or coconut oil (30g)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (40g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix together all ingredients until completely combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Include 50g chopped walnuts for that nutty flavor if you wish!