Thai almond chicken curry
Almonds, pumpkin (or sweet potato), zucchini combined with your choice of protein – an awesome gluten-free Thai almond curry you’ve just got to try!
I am usually in a pumpkin or sweet potato mood these days (see this post) and this was one of the recipes that actually worked. I adapted it from the original recipe, and included my favorite vegetable (pumpkin, of course) as well as some zucchini. I’ve had it for lunches over the past week or so, and am enjoying it thoroughly!
Since this original post, I’ve used this recipe time and time again, and often had it just with vegetables (no chicken). My favorite combination is sweet potato, zucchini, red bell pepper (capsicum) and spinach, but I’ve also included some peas, mushrooms and other veggies. I’ve had it with cubes of fish and chickpeas as well – that was yummy. Basically just try out the sauce with any combination you wish and see how you go. Depending on the mixture of veggies, you may need to tweak the seasonings a little – I usually add more almond butter as a matter of course, but that’s just me!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 C almond butter
- 1 tbs coconut aminos
- 2 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pour all ingredients for the sauce in either a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a baking pan (8 x 12" or similar) and add chicken and other vegetables. Mix until all vegetables coated by the sauce.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.