Mango chicken pizza
A simple and tasty recipe for mango chicken pizza – testing the boundaries of pizza toppings.
This was a recipe that I’ve adapted over the ages, but is always a winner with my family. And easy as anything … buy a BBQ chicken, make up a really simple marinade and add to a pizza base with mango chutney and any other toppings you desire. We have had it on Naan bread, Turkish bread, actual pizza crust among others. We’ve added a Greek yogurt swirl, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and other toppings as well. I’m giving you the base recipe – feel free to experiment at your leisure … and let me know how you go!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 tbs mustard sauce
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 9" Pizza crust
- Ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Shred into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Place the curry powder, mustard and mayonnaise into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add more or less ingredients to taste.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the sauce.
- Spread mango chutney evenly on the pizza base and top with the chicken and spinach.
- Add any extra toppings according to taste i.e. sun-dried tomato, garlic aioli, Greek yogurt etc.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 400F for 10-15 mins, depending on which base is used and the desired level of crispiness.