Healthy no-bake peanut butter oreo cookies
A healthy version of Oreo cookies, filled with peanut butter. A healthy way to have your cookie, and eat it too!
A sandwich cookies, otherwise know as an oreo, with peanut butter, AND a healthy version of them? Impossible, you say? Well, here’s a recipe that’s a combination of a number of recipes for healthy, no-bake oreos that are filled with peanut butter. And obviously you can’t have too much peanut butter, can you?
These are quite gooey, and ugly, but yummy when you shove one in your mouth. And follow it up with a glass of almond milk. Because that’s what you do with Oreo cookies, isn’t it?
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Additional creamy peanut butter for filling
- Process all ingredients together until smooth.
- Shape into a log on clingwrap and place in freezer for about 1 hour.
- Once frozen (not totally), remove the clingwrap and cut rounds of 1/2 cm (or less, depending on how good your knife skills are and how frozen the dough is).
- Place the rounds on a tray lined with baking paper and chill in the fridge or freezer for 1 hour.
- Spread peanut butter on one of the rounds and top with another until all rounds are used up.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer - they are really yummy frozen!