Vanilla chocolate fudge swirl gelato
Dairy-free vanilla gelato that is tasty and creamy with a yummy chocolate fudge swirl throughout.
My family loves ice cream. Me – well, I’m a bit hit and miss as to whether I feel like it or not. And then there’s the whole dairy-free issues. Do you know how much a pint of dairy-free ice cream costs in the grocery store these days? And some of them aren’t really all that creamy or tasty. So then Grant suggested I buy an ice cream maker and make my own. So, be prepared for a whole pile of new recipes, focused on ice cream!
This is a really yummy dairy-free ice cream, that no one would really know it was dairy free. It’s creamy. It’s tasty. And I love the chocolate fudge swirl in it as well, even though you can’t see it very well in the photo (but that’s probably a biased opinion!). If you don’t have an ice cream maker, just do all the steps until it says to put it in an ice cream maker, put the mixture in a storage container in the freezer and stir every 30 mins or so until you get the texture you desire. It will probably still turn out a little more icy, but the taste will still be awesome. Trust me!
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- Pour milk, cream and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until just beginning to boil.
- Add approximately 1 cup of the milk mixture to the egg yolk and sugar mixture and stir well.
- Add this mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the milk mixture and stir well.
- Heat until the mixture reaches 175-180F.
- Strain through a sieve, cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow churning instructions.
- Mix all ingredients together and add to the ice cream during last 1-2 minutes of churning.