I had a number of successes this week .. and some failures that weren’t actually that bad.
- Really soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies (recipe here)
- Really soft and chewy peanut butter cookies (recipe here)
- Arroz con leche – rice pudding – with cranberries instead of raisins (recipe here)
- Flourless chocolate chip cookies – using walnuts, almonds, honey, egg and vanilla – this was ok, but not really a cookie. Might try it as a slice next time.
- Lebkuchen – German christmas cookie – yes, I’m still trying to find the recipe for the elusive cookie for Grant. This one he has said the taste was there, and the texture (YAY!), but I had all sorts of problems getting it into a dough that I could knead and roll out. I ended up just baking it in a big round circle, then cutting it after baked. So it still needs a bit of work before I’ll post it on this website.
And a heads up for the gluten-intolerant of us – check your icing mixture packets. I had just finished icing the lebkuchen, had a spoonful of the leftover icing (as you do) and started feeling crook … because the icing mixture I used contained wheat. Who would have thought?
Thank you to those of you who have started commenting on my recipes – keep the comments coming!
Until next time – enjoy cooking at home!