Spanish potato salad
A yummy potato salad with a different taste due to the paprika!
When I was a kid, my parents called me the ‘Carbohydrate kid’ – anything with carbs in it and I’d love it … especially hot chips (french fries), baked potatoes with cheese, coleslaw and sour cream, potato salad, mashed potatoes, bread … sometimes even chip sandwiches! (just remembering my childhood here and drooling a little!). My mum’s potato salad was nothing like the one in this recipe though – I thought I’d just give you all a recipe for something a little out of the ordinary.
The paprika is what really makes this salad. It’s a creamy, slightly smoky taste that makes you want to go back for more … and more!
To make this dairy-free, see if you can find some dairy-free sour cream at your grocery store. In the US, there is a tofu-based option that you wouldn’t even know there was a difference.
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 yellow capsicum
- 2 bacon rashers
- 1 tbs paprika
- 250g sour cream
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cool slightly.
- Fry bacon and capsicum together until bacon is cooked and capsicum is tender.
- Add paprika and stir for 1 min.
- Mix in sour cream, bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Add potatoes and mix gently.
- Can be served either hot or cold.