A simple pumpkin soup that packs a punch of flavor, with all natural ingredients that avoid all the top 8 allergens.
I love pumpkin. My mum made this pumpkin soup when I was growing up and I loved it. Very simple, and easy to adapt as necessary. I have often added things like chickpeas, spinach and mixed vegetables to make it more of a balanced meal, since I can’t really have bread with it any more. I know there’s many other recipes out there for pumpkin soup, ones that include things like cream, yoghurt, herbs and spices, but this one is a real easy, never-fail one (in my experience, anyway!).
- 500g pumpkin (any variety)
- 500g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 - 1 tbs vegetable stock
- 3-4 cups water
- Peel and chop the pumpkin, potatoes and onion. They don't need to be too fine as they will be blended together once cooked.
- Add the onion to a large pot and cook until just translucent.
- Mix the vegetable stock in the water and add to the pot.
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until they are all soft.
- Blend together and add extra water to achieve the desired consistency. I prefer my soup to be really thick, so I usually don't!