Peanut butter swirl brownie cookies
Soft and chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, these naturally gluten and dairy-free peanut butter and chocolate cookies will be the hit of any gathering!
Another yummy combination of chocolate and peanut butter. A very moist cookie with peanut butter swirls throughout. Be careful, it’s a little crumbly, but very more-ish! My recommendation is to use crunchy peanut butter, not creamy. This will give the cookies a similar texture to the chocolate crackle cookies (recipe here) but with the peanut butter swirl as an added extra!
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 4 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with the 2 tbs icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining icing sugar and cocoa until evenly distributed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. This may look like it will never combine, but keep mixing and it will form a gooey mass in time!
- Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop peanut butter mixture by the tablespoon into the chocolate mixture and swirl lightly.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cookies are puffed, cracked and set around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet and then remove to an airtight container.