Peanut butter chocolate blondies
A yummy (but crumbly) slice, using all natural ingredients – peanut butter, honey and a bit of chocolate to give it flavour.
I was going through some files on my computer recently and found this recipe as something I’d downloaded from somewhere at some stage but had never printed out or tried. And since baking is what I love to do, and the fact that this was a really simple recipe, only using natural ingredients (so it must be healthy, right?), I had to give it a go.
I wasn’t totally amazed at the product, but everyone who tried it simply loved it (thanks to my awesome family!). Just be careful because it can be pretty crumbly – probably good to have with ice cream (see here for inspiration) or my healthy date frosting (see here) – which is what I’m going to try next!
I’ve never been totally sure what ‘blondies’ are, I think it’s an American term. If any of my readers wish to enlighten me, please leave a comment below! Especially since this recipe includes cocoa powder. Is this a chocolate blondie, or a brownie?
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl together. The dough will be very stiff but ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and bake at for 20-25 mins.
- Allow to sit and cool on a wire rack for at least 30 mins prior to slicing.