An easy no-bake recipe that combines chocolate, peanut butter and oats into bite-sized oat balls.
Chocolate, peanut butter and oats. What could be more perfect? I adapted this recipe from another on this website, that’s full of butter, sugar and other bits that aren’t that healthy for you – but still taste absolutely amazing (see recipe here). So I took what I had learnt over the past few months about baking with more wholesome ingredients and experimented a little. And here’s the result – they have a fruity texture, but have no fruit in them. And again, they are very more-ish, so beware!
I have often taken these to work and they go really quickly. Last year, I made a batch for a different department at work and one of the ladies loved them so much she kept asking for them! I ended up making a batch just for her … and she loved them. Try them – simple to make and really, REALLY yummy!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 6 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Place the peanut butter, honey and sugar in a bowl and microwave until easily mixed together.
- Remove from the microwave and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls and place in a container.
- Chill and store in freezer.