No bake chocolate sunbutter slice
A no-bake chocolate slice free of all the top 8 allergens, and so yummy!
I originally posted this recipe as part of my excitement for winning a prize from Enjoy Life Foods through random draw (see here). But I’ve made it a number of times since and it is just awesome, so I had to share it in its own page.
A no-bake chocolate and sunbutter slice, that takes care of all of the top 8 allergens (i.e. avoiding them). For those of you who don’t know what the top 8 are: wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. I received the cookies and some mini chocolate chips in my prize package (thank you!), and to be honest, I just couldn’t stop eating them. That’s why I cut them into really small pieces. But that just means I can eat more!
- 1 pack Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies
- 4 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pack Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 oz Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Place the cookies and coconut oil in a food processor and blend until the crumbs slightly come together.
- Prepare an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and press down firmly with a spoon or the bottom of a glass to form an even crust. Place into the freezer while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Place the coconut oil and sunbutter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 min, or until the coconut oil has melted.
- Stir until smooth and add vanilla.
- Place the Honey Graham cookies in the food processor and process until crumbs are formed.
- Add the oil and sunbutter mixture and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add powdered sugar. Mix until all combined (it will become very stiff, but be sure to incorporate it all together).
- Pour on top of the crust and smooth the top. Place in refrigerator to chill while preparing the topping.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together until just melted.
- Pour on top of the sunbutter mixture and smooth out.
- Chill in refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to harden.
- When the chocolate is just hardened, use a sharp knife to cut into portions.