Healthy rocky road slice
A healthy rocky road slice with all natural ingredients – only 110 calories per piece
Recently I made my healthy chocolate fudge slice (recipe here) and loved it. And thought I could adapt it to make it more like a rocky road slice. I got stuck into trying the recipe, and then realized that I didn’t have any marshmallows, or healthy alternative to marshmallows. So it’s not a traditional rocky road alternative, but yummy nonetheless. I’ve also used alternatives for the sweetener (honey instead of maple syrup), fat (butter instead of coconut oil, and peanut butter instead of almond butter). But these are all pretty much interchangeable … feel free to experiment as you wish!
Again, all natural ingredients, but still watch the portion control. They are very more-ish … you have been warned!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Melt together the butter, cocoa and honey until smooth. Allow to boil for 1 min or so. This can be either in the microwave or on the stove-top.
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
- Add nuts, fruit and coconut and mix well - ensure all are coated well with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a lined bread loaf tin and chill (either freeze for 1 hour or refrigerate for longer).
- Cut with a sharp knife into 16 portions.
- Keep in refrigerator to ensure the slice doesn't melt!