Healthy chocolate peanut butter slice (another one!)
Another option for combining chocolate and peanut butter with all natural, non-processed ingredients.
Ahhh, chocolate and peanut butter. Together again. In a different recipe, but with all healthy ingredients – no processed sugar, gluten and dairy free. How I love thee …
So you may realize that I’m addicted to the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. And if you haven’t before, just check out how many of the recipes on this website contain one or the other! This one I made up by myself – based on a number of different recipes. Here’s how I think I dreamed it up! (one of those things I sometimes do at 3 in the morning when I just can’t get to sleep …!)
So this is a really easy recipe, and I’ve made it without cleaning out the food processor in between stages. The basic principle is to mix all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Place in tray. Repeat with the next step. And the next step. Easy … and SO tasty!
Base – based on the peanut butter layer of my other healthy chocolate peanut butter slice (recipe here)
Peanut butter layer – a mixture of coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup and a LOT of peanut butter
Topping – based on my healthy frosting recipe (see here)
And this, I am calling, my other ‘ultimate healthy chocolate peanut butter slice’. For other options, check out the following recipes:
- Healthy chocolate peanut butter slice
- Healthy Reece’s peanut butter cups
- Ultimate sugar-free chocolate peanut butter slice
See what I mean? I think I’m obsessed! But it’s all really yummy … Enjoy them all and let me know which one you like the best!
- 3/4 cup almond meal (75g)
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates (260g)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (125g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (40g)
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted (52g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (350g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60g)
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (350g)
- 1/2 cup pecans (70g)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs cocoa (20g)
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until it comes together when you press down on it with a spoon.
- Transfer to a lined 9x9" baking pan, lined with parchment paper and press down to ensure an even layer.
- Chill in freezer or refrigerator while making the rest of the recipe.
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until relatively smooth.
- Pour, or spoon, over the base and place back in refrigerator or freezer.
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour, or spoon, over the base and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares or rectangles, depending on how much or little you want to eat or share!