Double Chocolate Frappe
A frappe is simply ice, milk, and flavouring, so I could easily make a yummy chocolate frappe for everyone, with dairy-free milk for me!
One of the fun things about doing my US National Food Day Challenge was that I got to try out new recipes, and try totally new things. I’ve gotten into the swing of smoothies with my new Ninja food processor (#lovemyNinja @NinjaKitchen), but hadn’t really tried that many combinations, apart from the standard yogurt, fruit and frozen fruit combinations. So, for National Frappe Day (October 7), I found a recipe that DIDN’T involve coffee, and tried it out. Grant said it was so good he’d pay money for it. I hope you enjoy this chocolate frappe as much as we did!
And you can make it dairy-free really easily too! Just make your own chocolate sauce with cocoa powder and maple syrup then blend it with almond milk, add some dairy-free chocolate chips on top and you can sit back and relax!
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/3 C chocolate chips (dairy-free if needed)
- 3 tbs chocolate syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C ice
- Blend all ingredients together, except the chocolate chips in a high powered food processor until desired consistency.
- Pour into chilled glass and add the chocolate chips on the top.
- To make your own chocolate syrup, combine 1 tbs cocoa powder with 2 tbs maple syrup.