This cookies and cream cheesecake is one of the most amazing cheesecake recipes I’ve ever come across! And it is so delicious, and so versatile – great combination of cookies and cream.
This is by far my favorite cheesecake recipe EVER! Unfortunately I haven’t had much success with making it myself, but Grant is the guru of this recipe. Every single time it turns out perfectly – creamy, chocolate-y goodness. It took me a while to get the gluten and dairy-free version down, but it is amazing when it works!
Couple of points to note:
- Use any type of cookie (ginger nut, arrowroot, etc) and process similar to the Oreos.
- Add blueberries or other types of fruit as a fill-in.
- Add cocoa powder and milk cooking chocolate instead of white chocolate.
If you’re interested in a simpler alternative using instant pudding mixes, check out this recipe here.
Can’t go wrong with anything that combines cream cheese, chocolate and sugar … unless you want to add peanut butter as well – might try that next time!
Cookies and cream cheesecake
- 350 g gluten-free chocolate cookie crumbs
- 50 g dairy-free butter melted
- 375 g dairy-free cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tsp gelatine 4 sheets or 1 sachet, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200 g dairy-free white chocolate melted, cooled slightly, or use 1/3 cup white chocolate syrup
Place 250g of the cookie crumbs in a bowl, add the butter and mix to combine. Press the mixture into a greased and lined 9" springform pan and chill.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, then beat in the cream. Stir through the gelatine and white chocolate or alternative.
Stir the remaining cookie crumbs through the filling, then pour over the cookie base. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Serve immediately
Adapted from Simply Heaven (Philadelphia Cream Cookbook)