Cookies & cream cheesecake slice
This is one of the most amazing cheesecake recipes I’ve ever come across! And it is so delicious, and so versatile – great combination of cookies and cream.
This is by far my favourite cheesecake recipe EVER! Unfortunately I haven’t had much success with making it myself, but Grant is the guru of this recipe. Every single time it turns out perfectly – creamy, chocolate-y goodness.
Couple of points to note:
- Make this recipe gluten-free by substituting any type of gluten-free cookie, such as Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies, for the Oreos. You don’t need as much butter for the base, and it is still very yummy.
- Use any type of cookie (ginger nut, arrowroot, etc) and process similar to the Oreos.
- Add blueberries or other types of fruit as a fill-in.
- Add cocoa powder and milk cooking chocolate instead of white chocolate.
If you’re interested in a dairy-free alternative, check out this recipe here.
Can’t go wrong with anything that combines cream cheese, chocolate and sugar … unless you want to add peanut butter as well – might try that next time!
- 350g Oreo original cookies
- 80g butter, melted
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tsp gelatine (4 sheets), dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- Place 250g of the Oreo cookies in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add the butter and process to combine. Press the mixture into a greased and lined 18cm x 28cm slice pan and chill.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, then beat in the cream. Stir through the gelatine and white chocolate.
- Roughly chop the remaining cookies and stir through the filling, then pour over the Oreo cookie base. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Serve immediately