Double Choco-misu (coffee-free)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 44g
Saturated Fat 18g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrates 89g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 600mL boiling water
- 2 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs cocoa powder
- 110g dark chocolate (10g for grating on top of finished product)
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup cream (250mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 10g gelatin (3 tsp or 4 sheets)
- 24 lady-finger biscuits
- Dissolve sugar, cocoa and dark chocolate in boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Melt white chocolate and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix cream cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add white chocolate to cream cheese mixture and combine.
- Mix gelatin with boiling water and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Dip lady-finger biscuits in dark chocolate syrup and allow enough time to soak through (approx 20s each).
- Arrange lady-finger biscuits in a single layer in a 20cm x 20cm tin.
- Add half of the cream cheese mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Repeat previous two steps with remaining biscuits and cream cheese mixture.
- Add another layer of biscuits and top with grated chocolate.
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- If the lady-finger biscuits soak too long, they will fall apart. If they do not soak long enough, they remain crunchy and do not have the 'chocolate-y' flavour through.
- For the topping, you can add whipped cream before the grated chocolate or any other topping combination you can think of eg strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate, etc.
Cook at Home http://cookathome.info/