Chocolate chip ghee cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with a unique flavor from ghee – so very tasty!
There were a number of awesome discoveries I made about food during my Whole30 months … one of them was ghee. You see, many oils are classified as ‘less healthy’ for you, and some oils are classified as ‘more healthy’ for you. Ghee is clarified butter, and being lactose free means that I can have this and not worry about having issues with my stomach. And I managed to win some ghee from Tin Star Foods through an Instagram competition so I started using it for all my cooking. Did you know just how crispy a fried egg can be when you cook it in ghee? It is absolutely awesome!
But then I thought to myself, how else can I use ghee? I wonder if I can use it in cookies? And me, being me, just had to try it. So I did, and loved the totally unique taste the ghee gave what would have been relatively standard chocolate chip cookies. Our whole family loved them, and that’s saying something.
You’ll love them too – try them and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients (except chocolate chips) together in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking tray and slightly press down to flatten (they do not spread).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on desired level of crispiness.
- Allow to cool on tray for 10 mins before moving to a wire rack.