A yummy and tasty banana bread that no one would know that it is gluten and dairy free.
I love banana bread, my kids love banana bread, Grant loves banana bread. Sounds like all is well in the world! And this recipe is a good, solid one that never fails. And is always up for a bit of tweaking to try new flavors etc. Feel free to leave your bananas slightly chunky for added texture, but don’t miss out the cinnamon!
So it’s not one of ‘those healthy’ recipes with no refined sugar, but can no one would notice if you make it gluten and dairy free (but not taste free!). Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 3/4 cup sifted flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (or shortening for dairy-free)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx 2-3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift the flour with the other dry ingredients.
- Cream butter/shortening, add sugar gradually and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with the bananas, beating well after each addition until smooth.
- Turn into 2 prepared loaf pans (8.5 x 4 x 3") and bake for approximately 30-35 mins.