Almond flour chocolate chip cookies
A moist and chewy chocolate chip cookie with almond flour to make it totally gluten free and yummy!
When you feel like a chocolate chip cookie but you don’t have gluten free flour to make any of the other awesome choc chip cookie recipes on my website (see here, here and here) try this one out. Using almond flour, the texture is a little bit different but unless you are a choc chip cookie connoisseur, I don’t think you’ll notice the difference!
- • 1 1/2 cups (170g) almond flour or almond meal
- • 1/4 cup butter (65g), room temperature (dairy free if needed)
- • 1/4 cup (60g) sugar
- • 1 egg
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/4 cup (45g) chocolate chips
- • 1/4 cup chopped nuts(optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Gradually beat the egg into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the almond flour, salt, vanilla and baking soda in with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and nuts if using and fold them into the batter.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and press them down gently onto a non-stick baking surface.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies rise and the edges have browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool before moving. Store at room temperature in a sealed container.